Thursday, September 27, 2007

Randomosity

I can't believe it's been nearly 6 weeks of school already. The girls and I are getting used to the early hours. It took awhile, but we do like getting home earlier in the evening. I now wake up at about 4:30 am to pray and then get in the shower about 5:00. We leave at 6:15 every morning. It's nice and quiet first thing in the moring and is a nice start to the day. I'm going on my first home visit with one of my students tonight. Please pray for this young girl; she is so close to accepting Christ as Savior. I can see a little more light revealed each day in the questions she asks. She loves our morning Bible class and is excellent at scripture memory.
Amber has her first visit at the vocal therapist on Oct. 4. The insurance has approved this, Praise the Lord! There will be some co-pays and other incidental costs involved but we are confident the Lord will supply. Please pray for her as she is experiencing her first real bout of depression. Alot of stuff going on at school right now, and then with her not being able to sing and having to limit her talking.....well, those of you who know her can only imagine how difficult that is!
This weekend will be a busy one. We are taking Ashley (and a few friends are tagging along as well !)to Busch Gardens Fri. night. Alex is going with a very good friend (Pam at MidnightMusings)and her son to Build a Bear. She is very excited!
Can't believe next week it will be Oct. already! Christmas will be here before we know it. I think I need to start making lists.......

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you Kim!Twice in one week. I must announce it on my blog that you have posted!! We've got to get some readers over here so all your hard work isn't in vain! LOL

I just offered a prayer up concerning your home visit. Reading about your student being so near to salvation really brought back some wonderful memories back from my teaching days. I know EXACTLY what you mean! and its all too wonderful when they do take that final step of realizing they are little sinners and repent as they ask the Lord Jesus to be part of their lives forever! Whoo I just got glory-bumps!

Looking forward to Friday night too!

TO BECOME said...

It is nice to meet you Kim. I am connie from Texas.

I don't know about your daughter voice condiction but I will pray for her that she will be able to do what her heart desires as it is in God's will, also for the young girl near to making a commitment for Christ. I hope you have more blessing from the Lord that you ever thought possible. connie

Jackie said...

I've started my Christmas lists already too. I can't believe how fast this year has gone!

Rita Loca said...

WOW! I cant believe how time has flown. We do need to get together before the year is over. let amber know we are praying.

Anonymous said...

HOLA AMIGA!!

Long time no see or hear...

Thanks for catching up!!

We will pray for Amber.....how hard it is to be young and think your life is all planned (at least in your mind) and the Lord changes your direction......F L E X!!!

Glad you are enjoying school! YOu are so in tune to your students and their needs---especially spiritual!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

H E L L O-----

Did your wear your fingers out typing and then making lists???

LOL

Anonymous said...

SORRY KIM---must have scared you outta blog world--


*H*A*P*P*Y*

*B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Happy Belated Birthday. You're a real doll and such a hard working mom. I love your desire of God and your friendship.

AmberTheBlog.com said...

Hey, are you saying I talk a lot? Hehehe...well, I do. And it was most miserable not being able to speak for a week.

I'm glad that you have not given up on your blog! I love getting to read it. Post more, Mom! I love you.

Unknown said...

Kimmy - I'm sure you realize you haven't posted since,, Sept. of LAST YEAR!! I
I'm cringing!

AmberTheBlog.com said...

POST MORE NOW.

(all caps means I'm serious.)


I mean, now that your wonderful 21 (GASP) year old daughter is home, you have plenty of things to brag about! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Kin, remember me???

Miss catching up on your life and your encouragements and insightfulness....(I also miss your laugh!!But of course, that would mean we have a face to face meeting---however, you could bless us with your humor here, too!!)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kin, remember me???

Miss catching up on your life and your encouragements and insightfulness....(I also miss your laugh!!But of course, that would mean we have a face to face meeting---however, you could bless us with your humor here, too!!)

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Earth to Kim, Earth to Kim! Anyone out there!

Heard you and Alex were ill. Little Julia was telling us last night as we helped them pack up some boxes. Shane thought it odd to hear you referred to as Mizz Leonard!

Trust you're all better. Missed you Sunday night. We were at Faith for the Patch performance.

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOUR FAMILY!!

Unknown said...

Kim, surely you can put a small post here just for me couldn't you? I keep checking!