Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Getting to know me

Homemaking Meme.
Aprons - Y/N? If, Y, what does your favorite look like?
Yes, I wear a Coca Cola apron Amber bought me when she was in Penn. on vacation with my Dad
Baking - Favorite thing to bake:Cookies or brownies or any new recipe!
Clothesline - Y/N?
No.Alex and I have allergies
Donuts - Have you ever made them? No, I am addicted to Krispy Kreme
One homemaking thing you do every day:cook/dishes
Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze? Yes, and I love it, I like to buy at least 1 mo. worth of meat at a time

Garbage Disposal - Y/N? Yes, but don't use much, we are on a septic tank
What is your favorite homemaking resource? internet & my large collection of cook books
.
Ironing - Love it or hate it? don't really hate it, it's kinda a hafto thing
Junk drawer - Y/N? Where is it? Yes, one for almost each room!
Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme. Coca Cola theme,lots of black and white
What is your favorite part of homemaking? The way the house feels and smells after a good cleaning!

Mop - Y/N?
Yes. Usually on hands and knees, sometime with a mop
Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Don't wear them since we moved to Fla.
Oven - Do you use the window or open the oven door to check?
Like to open the door
Pizza - What do you put on yours?
I love ham and pineapple
Quiet - Read or blog or lay down!

Recipe card box?
Yes.
Style of house?
Tri level, brick and block,pool,fenced 1 acre yd.Lots of trees although we did lose 12 in the last 2 hurricanes
Tablecloths and napkins -
No, I do have a runner and placemats, Ilove to see the natural wood
Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized? Hahahahahahahahahaha
Vacuum - How many times per week?
Once
Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Probably 6 or 7 but Ashley does her own
X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Yes. And if I do something that isn't on my list, I add it then cross it off
Yard - Y/N? Who does what?
My husband does all the mowing and I do all the hand weeding and the trimming. He runs the blower and weedeater but I have been known to do both of these
Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Does checking all the locks, lights and kissing your kids count?

7 comments:

Rita Loca said...

I love your Coca Cola themed kitchen!

Unknown said...

I'm in shock! Three posts in one day from Kim! I guess having the week off with sick kids let you catch up with a few things and you felt you deserved some blogging time! Thanks for sharing this meme with us and letting us get to know you a little better! BTW;Can someone tell me what "meme" means anyway!?

Kimberly said...

A meme is:
An idea that, like a gene, can replicate and evolve.
A unit of cultural information that represents a basic idea that can be transferred from one individual to another, and subjected to mutation, crossover and adaptation.
A cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one generation to another by nongenetic means (as by imitation); "memes are the cultural counterpart of genes".

Pam: I also wanted to know what a MeMe so I looked it up. Does this really help? I am almost more confused. I get the general idea, and believe it or not, this was one of the simpler defenitions.

Unknown said...

ROTFLOL!! I am more confused than ever! No not really, but thanks for doing my homework. I am a sly one aren't I? Did you ever wonder why you were joining in and doing MEME's when you really didn't know what they were? Everyone else seemed to know, so I just played their silly games! No, I sort of figured it had to do with mimicking something??!

ISM said...

lol I had fun at your house! I felt bad cause I was going to get Alex that gift card to toys r us but the only one I knew of was closed down, so I didn't know what to get her, so I got that balloon lol!!! Glad they like them

U and my mom n aunt r crazy pplz lol!!! The MEME thing lol

Rita Loca said...

What? You guys didn't know? Really?...LOL I thought it was like on Shrek when the donkey jumps up and down and say ,"pick me , me me ...

Anonymous said...

WOW ,....KIm, you located the keyboard and your blog!!1 I am impressed....

I now expect great thing out of you!!!

See, you're teaching us about you....Love it LOL