Friday, June 8, 2007

Freedom Friday

That's what today feels like. This has been my first official week off of school. Today was my first day to go in the pool. Only after I cleaned the filter, vacuumed and hosed off the deck, but it was still fun. I even managed to read a few pages of a western I checked out when I was at the library the other day. Alex has been working diligently sorting through things in her room; clothes that don't fit, toys she has outgrown, things she's ready to give up. Today I made a quick run to the community help center and donated quite a few things. Some we have saved for a few girls at church. I promised her I would get her room painted before vacation next month(we leave on July 6) so it needs to be cleared out before I begin. She has a good head start before I go in there.
Tonight is graduation at school. That means hair and makeup today. Oh well, I'll get an idea of what it will be like for Ashley next year. I can't believe that this year Amber will be 21, Ashley will be 18, and Alex will be 11. Where has the time went?
Tomorrow I plan on going to a few yard sales. Haven't done that in over a year. Then stop and pick up some fathers day gifts. Can you believe it's that time already?
There is a load of Alex's clean laundry on my bed , and I'm headed there now to fold and put away.
Just a thought
Ashley told me a little of a conversation she had with our dear friend Pam. Some of it was concerning how Christian women in the church have lost their graciousness. I thing alot of it is because we have tried to be the Holy Spirit, convicting people to do what WE think is right. Questioning motives,accusing and none of it with the intention of helping, only of pointing out what is seen as wrong in their eyes.
This week I have been reading in Proverbs . We as Christian ladies need to seek wisdom, which would first lead us to clean up our own life, and that testimony would shine so that anyone around us would see Christ. After nearly 23 years of marriage, I finally learned that I cannot be my husband's conscience. They really do look at how we live our lives. 1 Peter 3:1,2 is a wonderful verse. And today I read Proverbs 1:8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness: there is nothing forward or perverse in them.
This is wisdom, and it is not offensive, self serving or forward. I need to pray for this every day. Even more so to treat my family with gracious words and manners. Sometime it seems easier to be polite to total strangers than to the ones who are closest to us. Pray with me that I can be a gracious light of Christ's love, especially to my family.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Seems like you have a lot going on--it is not sumemr "vacation"....it is catching up. Glad you get to enjoy some free time!(well, sorta!!)

See you at graduation!!

Love and hugs!

Ashley said...

yeah. LOL I learned not to be friends' consciences either. And it also takes a lot of pressure off, not trying to be the Holy Spirit.

Rita Loca said...

YAEH!! You are back, I hope you have a good summer. The part of your post mentioning that we can not be the Holy Spirit is so true. I think sometimes we as women have a hard time with this. Or maybe it is just me!!=(

Unknown said...

Oh Kimmie dear how did I miss reading your two newest posts? I guess I got tired of checking here for naught!! LOL I am so happy you had some time to do fun stuff! Like post! I also want to thanks you once again for your gracious hospitality today! Shane and I both had a blast. I loved the girl talk and all the belly laughs!

This post was very devotional and needed. Please remind me of these verses often my friend.

Unknown said...

I am LOL as I just read the comment Alex left for me about the chocolate gum! I wish I had held on to it so I could have given it to Mike Friday night! I remember him telling me how horrid he thought it was!

Unknown said...

hey Sweetie
I will tell her tomorrow and she will be so blessed by it! Thanks for doing that.

I love her hair as well!

Unknown said...

Kim, I have something for you over at my blog. Come check it out!

AmberTheBlog.com said...

MOM! Post something! please?

Anonymous said...

All very well said! And timely, too! I don't know how many times I've noticed those same selfish atittudes in ladies that ought to be setting the example. The truth is, they ARE setting an example, just not the one they ought.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate the comment! I always love to hear from my readers! Stop by any time!

God Bless!