Saturday, January 6, 2007

Running in place all day

Ever have one of those days when you go and go and still feel as if you haven't accomplished anything of value? This was one of those. I keep thinking of everything I wanted to get finished before school on Mon. but then have to realize we have had so much fun as a family I wouldn't want to replace that with more WORK!

First thing I did was get up early with Mike, he had to work today; on call this week. Then put some laundry in, ate breakfast, then went back to bed. I think that is where I went wrong!! But I certainly enjoyed it! Amber and Alex went to church with me today, Amber made some drawings for my classroom while I took down all the Christmas decorations. She has been such a blessing! We've had some really great talks- grown up talks. You know, girl stuff!

Been reading a book a very special friend lent to me, "Created to be his help meet" . Alot of it I know,some of it new and all of it thought provoking. I think the Lord has been trying to remind me that in honoring my husband I am honoring and obeying HIM. Sometimes that is hard to remember when I feel my rights have been stepped on Pray with me that I will show honor as God desires me to do.

Church tomorrow morning, looking forward to hearing Pastor Naill. We love him so much! Amber said at college she is more "church sick" than "home sick" !

Need to finish dessert for Mike and get clothes ready for tomorrow morning. Post to you later!

9 comments:

AmberTheBlog.com said...

I participate in 'adult' talks? LOL When did that start happening?

Don't worry; everything will get done. ^_^

Memories for a Lifetime said...

YEAH!!YOu Blogged!!
Way to sneak those adult conversations in on her---she did not even notice!!

Unknown said...

hehehe I love reading everyone else's comments. I can never come up with some of their wittiness! I loved your post though. Yes, I have had many of those days! Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

Jackie said...

Running all day....wow, I feel like I do that, except I'm sleeping...part of the first trimester I guess. Sigh. I love Created To Be His Help Meet, it's soooooo good. Second to my Bible, it has influenced me more than any other book. hope you enjoy it! Praying for you to get all those things done!

Rita Loca said...

I am working my way thru the book for the second time and this time in spanish. Its so true how we already KNOW this stuff but....

AmberTheBlog.com said...

OOOH. Another good book is For Women Only. That book was so applicable, even to me as a single woman. I still use the stuff (that I remember) in that book today with my friends. It is amazing.


But Mom has already read it. ^_^

Unknown said...

Hey Kim! I have a feeling we may not hear lots from you this week due to you returning back to school! Just wanted you to know I passed your way and gave you a little visitand a prayer! Love You!

Rita Loca said...

Kim, I have enjoyed this insight into you and your crazy girls lives! It so fun to remember when we were their age and getting sick at the state fair!

Shane Rios said...

well i was just in the neighborhood of blogs and just thot I would come by and thank you for all the good times and good cookies.