Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bittersweet

That is the best word to describe this weekend. I loved having Amber home. Her visit ended Sat. with a trip to TIA. She made it safe to Pensacola and begins classes next week. She made some decisions for Christ while at home; I think being at home and back at church gave her some much needed time to rest and reflect. For that I am so grateful to God. I hated seeing her leave however. Do you ever get used to this? Rita, I don't know how you do it with your children all over the globe. Alex didn't take her leaving well either. She has a very soft heart.
Praise the Lord!! One of the ladies of our church ; who before had been sure of her salvation, accepted Christ as Saviour on Mon. night at the college days services at WestGate. She gave her testimony and was baptized after this mornings service! Then to top it off, Bro. Rossiter announced that he and Leona have surrendered to start a new church. This answers our churches prayer to plant a new church. I knew he was ready but it is so hard to let them go. He is the most awesome youth pastor. You can only imagine all the crying that went on this morning!
This will be a short post. I'm still dealing with alot of emotions and don't want to start crying again. All day long it's either been me or one of the girls! Poor Mike!

8 comments:

Memories for a Lifetime said...

It was a good day---I think your synopsis of bittersweet is accurate!! It is hard and when more than one of your children have been with a Youth Pastor, even more so! If he feels God's leading, we want him wherever God wants a new church!

As for getting used to your child leaving/going back to school....you may find this crazy, but we felt the same about Drek at CCC!! And now he is a "world" away!LOL....but you still get teary eyed and wonder about all those concerns Moms have---you never stop being a Mom!

And as for Mike---if he is not used to women by now, may God give hin a few more to make sure he learns to speak woman!!

Missed yall tonite!

Unknown said...

oh Kimmy! Here are some hugs just for you! {{{{{ hugs }}}}} Did you feel them? Pat had told me abou the Rossiters. I sat a few rows behind them at West Gate Tues. night. I think I will share more on my blog.

God bless you!

Jackie said...

It takes a real man to live in house full of women...at least that's what my dad and bro used to say! As far as being seperated from your family (I speak from experience) it NEVER gets easier, you just get used to it and each one learns how to deal with it in their own way.

Rita Loca said...

Amen! It is never easy but you manage. I will pray for you and her. I do think it is harder to be the one left behind. It is easier to LEAVE than to be the one walkimg around the empty house.

ISM said...

Thats crazy bout Mr. Rossiter. 4 good reason tho!

It is awesome that the lady got saved. Praise to Him!

And 4 Mr. Leonard. I dont really know what to say, cause Iv never had the whole crying problem in my life! lol

Unknown said...

well I guess my son forgets the times he has tried to comfort me through my tears, but of course he was younger then! But he hasn't had sisters! And his girl cousins all lived on another continent. When they were together, it was mostly good times!

Memories for a Lifetime said...

HELLO??????


ARE YOU THERE????

Rita Loca said...

Must be on the phone with Amber.