Thursday, February 1, 2007

Rise and Shine

Psalm 63:1 O God, Thou are my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land where no water is;

Since I started teaching this year, I have come to appreciate the early mornings when I can have time alone with my Lord. That isn't to say I enjoy getting up before the sun; I love sleeping in!! But being a wife and mother there are few minutes in the day I can actually call my own. Even being in the bathroom with the door shut leaves no expectation of privacy! Alex has been know to slide things under the door for me to view. I don't know where she got the idea my arms were even remotely long enough to reach said items but that doesn't deter her.
Now I am consistently up and awake at least 45 minutes before the rest of the family rises. I am getting ready for the day, but I use this time for silent prayer and thanks to God. It is so absolutely quiet, and saves me from the many distractions that pop up otherwise. I have experienced answered pray that I know was just for me; requests and supplications that I know were just between my Father and me. One thing I asked Him for was strength. I cannot do all that is expected of me and not be exhausted and bitter. I tried at the beginning of the year; my strength wasn't enough . But God's strength is unlimited. He has shown me things that for years I have been doing wrong. Probaly He showed me before but I wasn't quiet enough to hear Him.
These early morning chats with God have been soul changing for me. I don't know if the family has noticed yet, but I can feel the difference. God has helped me put things in perspective, still have ALOT to work on but I am confident if I keep talking to God first every morning, He will help me work on these.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! We waited so long for a new post, but this one was so worth the wait! I'm sure most mom's and wives who read this post have had the same struggle. Please don't feel you are alone in this area. I'm so thrilled you have seen such personal answered prayer!

I chuckled when I read about Alex sliding things under the bathroom door. Just yesterday, Shane slid a photo of the twin towers under my bathroom door. It had come in the mail and I guess it couldn't wait for me to come out of my special little room! *smile*

Rita Loca said...

Once, I had a pig outside the outhouse door. I thought it was one of my family. i just talked away as usual. Went out and...hello pig!! And once my daughter Jewel accidentaly locked me in the outhouse. No one missed me til lunch time!

Memories for a Lifetime said...

OUr time is shared time,,,,usually!

What a blessing for those "stolen moments"....funny how God gets our attention!!

Praying for you and your family!!

Unknown said...

Can't you all just imagine Jungle Mom out in the middle of the jungle in her outhouse, minding her business and talking to a pig all the while!! ROTFLOL

Rita Loca said...

Sorry Kim, leave it to me to somehow take your beautiful post and have it end up ...in the out house!!

Unknown said...

LOL My sister cracks me up!!

Kimberly said...

You guys are so nuts...I love it!!!

Memories for a Lifetime said...

You get your mail delivered while you are stealing the throne??

Wow, I am impressed....

Memories for a Lifetime said...

By the way, just to let you know you are quite the writer!! Love reading your blogs!! GIVE US MORE--you do not want a revolt, do you---we won't post unless you do!! HAHA

Well, just write--you express you rheart quite well....

Loosen up, and you'll be just like us!!j/k (aren't you glad for that rebuttal??)

Besides, if these things stay idle too long, Pam hacks into them, and who knows what you will have to make a public apology for????

Unknown said...

oooohhh! That Pat's mind is always working!hehe
She's right about you Kimmie! You have a knack for htis!

Rita Loca said...

Hmm?? Been awhile. I am starting to feel like I am locked in that outhouse again!

Unknown said...

OK! I'm tired of all this rising and shining early!!Can we do something else now??

(J/K I know you are busy and have been ill!)