Friday, February 9, 2007

PS

The Lord brought something to me tonight and I thought I'd share. Nothing real deep or theological but here goes.
When I saw the scripture verse from a previous blog, Psalm 63:1 and after reading Rita's blog , I started thinking about being in need. The verse says "my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee". In our society today, we in America rarely deny our flesh. I can't honestly tell you the last time I was really thirsty. I mean since the invention of bottled water and having a 7-11 on every corner, we don't know what it is to really need water. Then there is that whole thing of filling up on the wrong stuff. I can speak from experience. I love to drink Coca Cola. I could go days without water, and because the consequence of that decision isn't immediate, my body would be harmed without me knowing I had caused any damage.
I said all that to say this. Sometimes I fill my life with things that make me feel full but don't nourish me spiritually. Not bad things, just not the best thing; God's best. And when you're full ,good nourishment doesn't taste as good as it should. The artificial stuff has covered up it's goodness.
I think I am going to schedule some "planned neglect" so maybe I can sharpen my thirst and hunger for the things of God.
Simple, I know. That's how God speaks to me, I get simple.

8 comments:

Rita Loca said...

This touched me deeply.Thank You.

Memories for a Lifetime said...

Thank you for reminding us that if we wait until we are thirsty, we are already dehydrated!!!

May we seek the Lord to fill our cups so we may not experience "thirsting"!

Great post!!(and you cannot express yourself---your posts are introspective and thought-provoking!!)

THANK YOU!!

ISM said...

Yeah, I know thats true! I'm guilty of this...Not doing any thing really wrong, just not the best for me in my Christian life!
Thanks 4 the reminder!

Kimberly said...

Thanks everyone for your support, Pam must have lost interest? ;) "winks"

Unknown said...

I GET simple things too Kim, but this was a deep profound thought! I love the way some of my blogger friends can see a lesson in so many ordinary simple things, and then turn it into a great lesson with Biblical principles. You are great at it! Not enjoying the good stuff because the "filler" has you so full already is a great analogy!

Unknown said...

OHHOHOOH! I just saw the note about me and the *wink* you left! Me lose interest!!??? I saw your note at Rita's so you realize I was out of commission for a while? But guess what everybody?? I'M BAAAAAACK!!

Unknown said...

Oh Kimmy - so you were sick Sunday morning too? I bet th ecrowd was down in numbers quite abit. I heard Pat was sickk as well. Shane and I too! Man, everyone has had this virus. Its a doozy isn't it? Hope you are feeling better!

Memories for a Lifetime said...

Either we are all sick or, others might think there's a BIG PARTY here in W.C.!! LOL...

Who's bring wings and dip and veggies and chips and all that good stuff???


(Hope you are feeling better, Kim....you must take a week off worka nd REST!!!!)